With this notion in mind, we’re going to take a moment to underscore the importance of properly maintaining your building; why you should always strive to put forth an aesthetically pleasing exterior; and how to enhance the curb appeal of your hotel in a cost-conscious, expedited fashion.
You’ll Never Have a Second Chance to Make a First Impression
Whether a prospective patron happens to visit your webpage for a booking or drives by after a long road trip, you have to understand that property maintenance is arguably your most integral responsibility:
- Hospitality sector analysts say that it only takes about three to five seconds for potential clients to determine whether they’d like to stay in your facility.
- When arranging a web-based reservation, customers will browse through more than 10 different listings before settling on a particular option but a passerby will instinctively opt for the best-looking lodge.
- During a study of 240 hotels across 11 different states, researchers ascertained that the cleanest buildings with the finest paint jobs have a 17% higher occupancy rate than those with damaged stucco, fading color, or peeling paint.
As such, your revenue stream and future prospects are heavily reliant on the quality and attractiveness of your building’s exterior.
How to Enhance Your Hotel without Spending a Fortune
When it comes time to boost your hotel’s outdoor façades and overall aesthetic, shown below are the most effectual yet affordable courses of action that you should take:
- Renew all of the ground markers around your building including parking lot stripes, handicap signs, curbside lines, no-stop zones, directional arrows, and other property-specific features.
- Utilize a modified pressure washer and scouring tools to eliminate grime, mold, mildew, and other forms of unsightly buildup but make sure that you don’t underestimate the PSI to avoid damaging the more delicate elements.
- Facilitate the application of durable epoxy fillers and joint compounds to seal any ugly cracks, fractures, and interstices on the exterior surfaces.
- Apply robust waterproofing amalgams with a caulking gun into all of the corners where the external walls connect in order to reinforce the underlying material and prevent flaking. You should also strengthen the seals around any window frames as well.
- Paint your exterior with a modernized anti-graffiti covering to mitigate the effects of vandalism and defacements.
- Revitalize your signage and promotional boards with a fresh coat of brand-specific, color-coded gloss.
However, if you lack the tools, equipment, and experience to perform these undertakings, it’s in your best interests to outsource your refurbishment efforts to a reputable commercial painting company, especially if you want the job done right the first time around.
The in-house experts will be able to streamline the undertaking and rejuvenate your entire hotel in as little as one day, which is why so many hospitality proprietors are beginning to create close-knit relationships with their local painting professionals.