A fresh paint job improves the curb appeal of almost any home and enhances the potential value of what may be your biggest investment.
The Benefits of an Exterior Paint Job
Although an interior paint job may be similarly as vital, most real estate and design experts would concur that new exterior paint is a generally moderate approach to increase the value of your home, fundamentally. As per Consumer Reports, an exterior paint job can possibly increase the estimation of your home from 2-5%.
In addition to enabling you to command a higher sales price, painting the exterior of your home provides the following advantages:
- It is more economical to paint versus the installation of new vinyl siding.
- Buyers do not want to worry about expensive repairs–a home painted 20 years ago speaks of deferred maintenance and the need to paint the home soon.
- Use color to make the home appear larger (light shades) or smaller (darker shades) on the lot.
Since most potential homebuyers will place a high value on the exterior paint appearance, you can expect to receive inquiries about the date the home was last painted and well as the quality of the paint. Use the advantages listed above as selling points for homebuyers.
Tips for Painting the Exterior
Selecting the right exterior paint will give your home a clean look, the widest range of buyers and help improve its value. However, painting the outside of the home comes with a number of challenges.
Here are a few tips to assure a successful project:
- Freshen up the exterior by using striking colors for the railings, window frames, trim, and other accents.
- Select neutral, whites, or creams to appeal to the tastes of the greatest number of buyers.
- Paint vinyl siding the same color or lighter to prevent the material from warping because of heat.
Even if you decide against a complete exterior paint project, consider painting the front door an eye-catching color to make a great first impression.
Measure the Risks
While it may be important to have your home looking its best in order to compete with other properties for sale in your neighborhood, in some cases, you may want to give more careful consideration to the potential pitfall of having the exterior painted. For example, if you need a quick sale because your job is relocating or for some other reason, it may not be worth the added expense to delay putting the home on the market. In addition, if the home requires other costly repairs, you may prefer to sell the home “as is”.
Flora Brother’s Painting has a set mission of delivering our quality service and expert customer experience. Contact Flora Brother’s Painting today for a free, no obligation quote. You can book an estimate directly on our site or call (317) 447-5227 to find out more.